Crises, broken relationships, crime and traumatic experiences are part of the storms of life. Professional counselling is not always necessary to process the negative experiences of such storms of life. A safe space to talk about disappointments, emotional pain and traumatic experiences is often sufficient.
Elèhos Ministry assists communities to create safe spaces where participants in the Recovery Dynamics process can:
- Connect with others who face similar circumstances and share emotional pain and traumatic experiences.
- Feel that they have access to social, spiritual, emotional, and physical support.
- Reach a point where they can help themselves and others in the community.
We focus on the following areas of support:
- Recovery after a broken relationship or divorce.
- Recovery after the death of a loved one.
- Recovery after a traumatic experience.
- Recovery after storms of life or a disaster, such as Covid-19.
The complete Recovery Dynamics process lasts approximately one year and consists of the following three phases:
- Individual assistance (approximately three months).
- Group support to process emotional hurt or trauma (about two months).
- Support to reintegrate into the community (approximately five months).
We train volunteers as individual and group facilitators to facilitate this recovery and self-investigation process to equip participants to better face future storms of life. As part of its purpose-driven support Elèhos Ministry developed an in-person as well as an online support process to empower churches or other institutions to develop holistic support networks in communities.